Wednesday, April 22, 2009

We Danced Like Intended

You wrote your name skillfully
on every ruled line in my dance card,
your eyes burning into me as your hand
mechanically flowed down in a fury of pen strokes.

My lips parted, a slight disbelief
at your presumption to fill all my time,
and you smiled that devilish wicked curve
across your alluring face, my heart
dared not to breath out or breath in
in that spanse of moments, and I
became light-headed in a rush
of attraction highs.

You paid no attention to anyone else
I was your only interest,
you claimed me dance after dance
as the others watched on in envy -
envy of you taking me in your arms,
envy of me being held by you,
envy of the friction building within motions,
envy of the smoldering chemistry
that left onlookers heaving with desire.

My body responded to yours,
to every slight of movement
as if you had always commanded it,
I could only think of the closeness,
the way you smelled, the tension,
that look in your eyes.

Every part of me quivered
with anticipation as the night climaxed
the dancing done, we two on the veranda.
I leaning back against the corner post
covered in climbing jasmine, sweet
the fragrance mingled in the night,
you pressed in, a breath from my lips
as you charmed me with your smile again
making my knees go weak, and I
look into your eyes telling you I am yours
completely, you claim your kiss
savage, deep, unbridled as your spirit,
pushing the length of your body to mine,
and I am undone, I am ruined in that moment -
your kiss has imprinted upon my very soul,
and as you pull away, running into the black of night,
a tear escapes my delicate lashes, for the beauty,
the sensuality, the way you took
dance after dance, the way you claimed
me in a single kiss.

1 comment: