Monday, April 6, 2009

"S"

This is the 1st time ever i have posted a short story. I hope you guys like it.

I think I am the most detested person ever alive. When ever I ask for or insist from a person I never receive it. I am subjected to this discourteous world. I am been negated from every good. I don’t ask for anything great, just a Hi!! And a smile works fine with me. I wish that I shall be read. I ask you for few words but you completely give up. You are closing all doors that can lead me to you. I feel I am drifted away from the coast. The coast where I thought of building my own beautiful house. We cuddle each other in a hammock. Smooth music of wind weaving through the leaves, so soothing, so mesmerizing. Help me!!!!!!! Please help me!!!! I am howling please don’t let me go away from the coast.

All these thoughts came to my mind when I saw a person on a table next to me. I saw a deep pain in his eyes. Just as much I need substance to write I have to observe people to gather it. I saw a pack of cigarette on his table. I could sense the vibration, the agitation that he was enveloped in. I had explored a reason to communicate with him. I asked him for a light. He had a quick smile which almost lighted his face. He was a person in mid 30’s. He had a messy and a devastated look. That brightness in his eyes for those micro-seconds made me feel he was the happiest person, jolly natured very friendly and outgoing. But for this moment was withered with the pain inflicted upon him. I asked him if I can sit with him for some while.

I took the lighter from him. He had a customized Zippo. I always wanted to own a Zippo. The fear of getting caught by guardians was graver than the contentment of owning it. Zippo was grafted with the letter “S” on it. It was one of the most enthralling calligraphically written alphabets I have ever seen. For a smoker a lighter is an ice breaker. And just as rightly as I had guessed, I noticed that we where talking about the lighter. I briefly asked him from where he got it. He was playing with the lighter as if touching a person gently. I think he was feeling someone through the touch. He was lost I asked him again. Regaining himself back he said “it’s a Gift.”

I could not dig up more topics to start the conversation. His stillness has made my thoughts numb. After a moment he said this was my birthday gift. She gifted it to me. I enquired about their relation. He was quite and could not reckon the exact relation with her. After a while he said I really don’t believe in terminologies you see. You term a relationship and you think beyond, isn’t it unfair terming a relationship. I had nothing much to say than a nod of agreement. Then as if it was an opening to his heart he started wobbling out his thoughts emotions. Dude as much as I like the very thought and presence of her around me. I had no courage to make it up to her and express my heart out.

He placed his hand over my shoulder as if comforting me with the advice. His words were of such demanding scenery that would allow no wrong happening to me. The words of experience sound much profound. I finally gathered the courage of asking him for the discomforting level. He happened to have a no reason. And that was completely vague according to me. I thought he would be certainly foolish to dis-quantify the pain and mourn over it. I gazed at him with astonishment. He was not at all surprised. He had mastered the skill of putting people in the same scoop. I am sure after listening to all these no would bother to ask anything else. Instead of being quite I made an effort of dissecting him with my random questions.

He looked back into my eyes and said have you ever experienced something in your life which is beyond love? There was an insane commitment in his eyes. And I had my answer. No matter how much you try and run away, you will and shall be attached to that one miraculous feeling which shall drive your existence in the world. Putting the pain or love or any emotion in words binds the emotion to the extent of its meaning. I don’t know why he was sad but I know he was emotionally a distinct person. He had no disrespect, anger or ill fated actions or words for her. He was just so enthusiastic to make his point. The point really hard “He was in love” Rinku beta, Rinku beta she was fast asleep my 16 year old daughter. She didn’t listen to the complete story of her “Daada”. Her Daada was in love the only love of his life Rinku’s Mumma “Shweta”.

3 comments: